Monday 17 July 2017

REVIEW: The Elite

Book: The Elite
Author: Kiera Cass

Brief Synopsis

From thirty-five girls to six, the competition is narrowing down quickly. America Singer may have made it to the Elite, but she needs to step up her game if she's to win the competition. Will she continue to move forward, or will her indecisiveness be her downfall?

My Review

The Elite started off much better than The Selection! I understand the first book is usually the one to introduce the characters and the circumstances, but it was much slower than I expected. Having this one start off more smoothly and more quickly was quite refreshing.

Do you remember last week when I said I didn't love America as a protagonist yet? By the end of this book, it finally happened! I was worried it was going to take a whole other book (if at all), but nope, the last couple chapters cinched it for me. I still can't say I relate to her as much as I do Marlee, but she is an absolutely likeable character and I would love to be friends with her.

I don't want to give you false hope though; as much as I loved this book -- I'm pretty sure it'll be my favourite in the series! -- there is a lot of heartbreaking aspects added to the plot of the series. This book will definitely tug on your heartstrings, so readers beware for that.

If you didn't like The Selection, I'm asking you to please give The Elite a chance. If you're not in love with the series by the end of this book, then it just wasn't meant to be. But in my honest opinion, this book has so much more action and plot twists than the first book, and you just never know what's going to happen!

Rating: 5 / 5
Would I read again? Yes, absolutely!
Would I recommend? Yes, even if you didn't like the first book.

For a spoiler-filled review, please check out my Wordpress.

No comments:

Post a Comment